Buy from Flipkart

Monday, February 15, 2010

48 weeks and counting…

Its been more than 48 weeks(week seems a longer period than month) since I last had Ethanol intake, although not technically as lot of medicines use alcohol as base, but we can discount that can’t we? Now that I stand almost at the anniversary of that historic decision(I know its an exaggeration, but then what's the purpose of a blog if its not exaggerated) I look back and see changes that it made to my usual life.

1. Easy on pocket. This is one of the major impact I have had. My salary last for couple of more days than it used to, of course the effect would be more severe on Royal Challengers Banglore as I helped Mallya in buying that team but with one of his regular customer gone I wonder if he can still keep that team.

2. Coffee tastes better. An year back or so I used to despise coffee, but since then I ve been more frequent to coffee shops than pubs which has in turn helped me in developing a taste for coffee. Plus you don’t have to worry about those breath analysers no matter how many cups of coffee you drink.

3. Girls aren’t the only thing to discuss. Well the fact remains that there are 2 topics that an average male discuss when he is drunk which are girls and football(or any other sport) well of course it may vary for bisexuals and likes of them. But coffee gives a whole new dimension to bakar. I never realized but there is a whole spectrum of things that can be discussed.

4. Weekends are not all about beer. Well no denying that fact that I always felt that my schedule was jam packed and I had no time for myself, but since I gave up drinking I realized that I have whole lot of time left with me to do things that I always wanted to. Guitar was number one on the list so kicked it off first hopefully rest will follow. My own Things to do before I die list(more on that later).

5. Backache. This is the one I didn’t anticipated. About an year back 2 days a week were not enough to complete my quota of alcohol intake for a week, so I used to spend almost every weekend night with friends, but since then I have been spendin most of those evenings at home nappin. So much so that at times I get backache due to this lethargy.

Well as they said there are no free lunches so I would take that point 5 for the 4 above it and this new found me, who is really enjoying it. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment