Buy from Flipkart

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Who is going to teach Management to IIMs?

IIMs the so called premier management institutes in India desperately need management lessons on how to conduct a CBT successfully. Since my opinion is subjected to change depending on my result therefore I decided to write this post before the results, and thankfully IIMs gave me ample time to get over with it.

First, they make blunders while conducting tests leaving thousands of students and many parents in dismay and then they take more than 50 days to conduct a retest for them. If that was not enough it seems like they are using my Grandpa’s computer to calculate the result. I could have calculated them a lot quickly with my laptop.

After the announcement of CAT going online most of the top CAT Coaching instis started conducting mock tests online and they all have a student base of about 20-30k. Now when they can compute results of 30k students in 7 days why can’t IIMs/Prometric can calculate the same in almost 80 days, and please don’t say that they were too busy in providing security to MNIK like Maharashtra police.

No matter what the result be but this its gonna go down as a blot on the legacy of IIMs in history books as “When managements guru’s couldn’t manage a simple test”.

1 comment:

  1. Learning is a life long process... I guess dats wot IIMs are upto... I am sure dey have learnt from the mistakes of the past and they are committed to commit dem again but yes not in near future.... Actually its all in the mindset.. They have demonstrated dat Indian minds are prone to CHANGE and the so called management gurus of IIMs are indians..

    ReplyDelete